Sometimes appear in Windows 10 that Cortana is disabled by a company policy. We show you solutions in this guide to enable Cortana again.
If Cortana is disabled due to a company policy that you have installed a tool under certain circumstances that the privacy settings of Windows 10 changes. This can occur, for example, that can no longer be certain settings to customize, see: Windows 10: Some settings are managed by your organization - The you can do.
Even Cortana can be blocked by certain settings. Windows 10 then displays the message:
&# 8220; Cortana is disabled by a company policy&# 8221 ;.
Here are solutions to the problem.
Solution: Cortana is disabled by a company policy
If Cortana is disabled by an enterprise policy, you can re-enable it by her restores the factory settings of Windows 10th But before this step you should about backing up to another hard disk of your personal files so that they are not lost in the process.
- Opens the settings of Windows 10 and opens the category update and security.
- Selects the menu item Restore on this PC reset the Los Button goes&# 8217; s out.
A detailed guide to reset Windows 10 to factory settings, can be found here: Windows 10 to factory settings.
Danger: As the settings of Windows 10 is also set to the default settings when you reset, you should take a note of your previous settings if you want to take on this later. Here, it should gradually take on a setting after another and in between test whether Cortana is still working. So then you find from exactly the setting that is at fault, that Cortana stopped working.
If you have the Windows version Windows 10 Pro, you can look alternatively until the Editor Local Group Policy if Cortana is configured correctly.
10 Tips for Cortana that everyone should know
Windows 10 Pro: Cortana was disabled by policy
If you have Windows 10 Pro, it also has the Editor Local Group Policy gpedit.msc, on the Cortana can also disable. You may prove in the case that the appropriate policies are set incorrectly with you, see: Windows 10: Cortana and Web search disable - Manual.
- Opens the Run dialog by her pushing the key combination Windows + R.
- Type in gpedit.msc and confirmed with the Enter key to start the Policy Editor.
- Navigate to the folder: Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, search.
Windows 10: This Cortana guidelines should you look closely.
- Here is checking her following guidelines:
- allow Cortana - Should have status Enabled
- The search and Cortana allow the use of location data - Should have status Enabled
- Do not allow Web search - Should have status Disabled
- Do not search the Web and display their web results in search - Should have status Disabled
- If the status of policies is different, they forgive as specified above, by clicking twice on the respective policy and select Enabled or select Disabled. then confirmed with OK.
Windows 10: Here you activate the policy &# 8220; allow Cortana&# 8221 ;.
- Starts Windows 10 again.
If Cortana is still not working, Windows 10 tries to reset after the above instructions.
Posted In: GIGA Windows