In Windows 10 you can find out in three different ways if the BIOS or the more modern UEFI firmware interface running on the PC with you. UEFI provides you among other things, higher security against bootkit attacks and support for drives larger than 2.2 TB of storage.34340810 reasons to upgrade to Windows 10 - Security
A new PC must be running in the newer UEFI mode not inevitable. Because you decide the installation of Windows, whether the operating system in the BIOS or UEFI mode will work. The differences and advantages of both interface types can be found here: UEFI and BIOS - are the main differences. In Windows 10 you can find out in three ways if the PC in the BIOS or UEFI mode runs:
- about the file setupact.log in Panther folder of Windows
- on the Disk Management
- on the System Information
Windows 10: BIOS or UEFI out with Panther folder - Here&# 8217; sSetupact.log: It says in the file to see if the PC in the BIOS or UEFI mode runs.
To find out if your Windows 10 PC uses the BIOS or UEFI, you make the following:
- Presses the key combination Windows + E to open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder C: \ Windows \ Panther
- Open the file by double setupact.log. By default, it will open in Notepad.
- Presses Ctrl + F to start the Find dialog.
- Typed there Detected Boot Environment and confirmed by pressing Enter.
- Behind the text found in the file then is the mode that runs in which your PC. The following entries are possible:
- Callback_BootEnvironmentDetect: Detected boot environment: BIOS
- Callback_BootEnvironmentDetect: Detected boot environment: EFI
At the end of the line you see what firmware interface is active on your PC.Info: A change from BIOS to UEFI does not work during operation. Windows must be reinstalled it and it needs a PC with modern hardware, the UEFI already supported.Start Photogallery(5 pictures)install the .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10
Windows 10: BIOS or UEFI find out about the System Information - Here&# 8217; s
The second option you can find out 10 whether the PC is working with the BIOS or UEFI interface via the system information of Windows. so goes&# 8217; s:
- Presses the key combination Windows + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type in the command msinfo32 and confirm with Enter.
- In the line BIOS mode Windows can display 10 following two entries:
- Previous version: This is then available for the older BIOS and has been from the English for &Legacy; # 8220&# 8221; translated.
- UEFI: This then is the modern UEFI interface.
These 15 tricks for Windows 10 everyone should know
Windows 10: BIOS or UEFI find out about the Disk Management - Here&# 8217; s
The third option you can find out about the Disk Management if Windows 10 is running in the BIOS or UEFI mode. so goes&# 8217; s:Windows 10: can we find out if the PC in the BIOS or UEFI mode works About the partition style of the Windows hard drive.
- Open the Disk Management by her press the key combination Windows + R and typing diskmgmt.msc. Confirmed with the Enter key.
- is clicked installed in the lower graph with the right mouse button on the area in Disk 0, on the usually Windows, and select Properties.
- Changes in the new window on the tab volumes.
- In addition to the text partition style now one of two possible entries is, provide information about the BIOS mode:
- Master Boot Record (MBR): Windows 10 runs in the BIOS.
- GUID partition table (GPT): Windows 10 starts in UEFI mode.
Danger: In rare cases, the association is not necessarily true. However, the following applies: The system partition must be a UEFI boot to Microsoft specifications on a hard disk with GPT partition style. If Windows 10 so booting from a hard disk with GPT, you definitely uses the UEFI mode. Also read this: GPT or MBR partition style of a disk to find out - how it works.
What you should know about Windows 10, BIOS and UEFI:
- Windows 10: Start bios and change settings - Here's
- Windows 8 BIOS (UEFI): So you come into the firmware setup
Posted In: software