The IMEI number appears in connection with Android smartphones and iPhones. But what is the IMEI number actually is and what you need them? We'll tell it to you in this guide and tell you why you should know the IMEI number of your phone.
video | Connect Android phone to your PC724117Connect Android phone to your PC
At some point, you will stumble across the IMEI number as a Smartphone or tablet users. But what is IMEI?Start Photogallery(4 images)Android push messages off (illustrated guide)
What is IMEI?
The acronym IMEI stands for International Mobile Station Equipment Identity, a 15-digit serial number. About them any smartphone or other GSM or UMTS device can be identified. Dual SIM smartphones have this two IMEI numbers.
About the IMEI number you can do the following:
- find a stolen phone or lock: Lock Stolen Smartphone via IMEI: does it work?
- Remove SIM Lock from the device
Note: The first point is valid only in theory, because the IMEI of a mobile phone can be reprogrammed by cybercriminals. Then you could also not locate or lock it.Android: The IMEI number you will find in the settings.
The exact breakdown of the figures is as follows:
- Paragraph 1-8: TAC (Type Allocation Code), which in turn from the Reporting Body Identifier (first two digits) and the authorization code (remaining digits)
- Section 9-14: Actual device serial number (SNR).
- Section 15: Check digit (check digit)
You should therefore know the IMEI number of your phone or mobile device and have ready in case there is an emergency.
To query the IMEI you go as follows:
- Gets the following number: * # 06 #
- Your smartphone immediately displays the IMEI number.
- You can make a screenshot of it or write it down: Android: Create Screenshot &# 8211; very easily.
Alternatively, you can find the IMEI number in the phone settings. Opens it and looks for entries such as over the phone and status. In the menu items and the IMEI number will appear in the rule. For older Ericsson and Sony Ericsson devices, the IMEI you can also query the following key combination: Right, Stern, left, left, star, left, star.
More information can be found here:
- Android Device ID and IMEI find out: So happy you (also Ad-ID)
- IMEI number to find out the iPhone and Show (beginners tip)
- Show IMEI number of Samsung smartphones
Posted In: Android