Windows 10 you can buy on USB sticks even on Amazon, you can check out such a USB flash drive but also create it and install Windows 10 from this. All you need is the ISO file of Windows 10, a USB flash drive and the Microsoft program Windows USB / DVD Download Tool. Alternatively, you can install it on a USB flash drive 10 their Windows. We show you how both are possible.
In the video we show you how to create a Windows 10 USB flash drive:
Windows 10 will be installed much faster with a USB flash drive as a CD drive. Many modern PCs also have no CD-ROM drive more. With our guidance you copy the installation files to the USB stick and then install Windows 10 from the USB flash drive. This must be for at least 4 GB.Note:
In our Photogallery you see the USB stick-build step by step. Otherwise, here the short instructions follow.
- Windows 10: Create USB stick itself
- 10 boot and install Windows from a USB flash drive
- Optional: Windows 10 ON a USB flash drive to install (Windows to go)
Windows 10: Create USB stick itself
- therefore invites download the Windows 10 ISO file, if not already done. The download is about 3.5 GB in size and may take some time.
- the Windows 7 USB Program / DVD Download Tool invites downloaded and installed it.
The tool creates a bootable USB flash drive from ISO files from Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, although it has are "Windows 7" in the name.
- Starts the tool and selects in "Step 1 of 4" Browse the ISO file of Windows 10, clicks on Next.
- click on USB device.
- Selected in the drop-down menu, select the drive of your infected USB sticks.
- click on Begin copying.
- Confirms the extinguishing operations of the USB stick with Erase USB Device and Yes.
Danger: In certain circumstances blocks your antivirus software installation files, to be copied to the USB flash drive, and the creation of the USB drive fails. Disables your virus scanner in the case while using its Windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool.
The copy process may take several minutes. Includes the USB flash drive if possible with USB 3.0, so it is a little faster.
boot and install Windows 10 from a USB stick
Your USB flash drive to install Windows 10 is ready:
- Inserted the USB flash drive to your computer where you want to install Windows 10th
- Changes in the BIOS boot order so that the USB flash drive is booted before operating systems and hard drives.
- Restarts the PC, the installation routine of Windows 10 starts.
For Windows 7 provides for the procedure from similarly: Install Windows 7 from a USB stick. The top tool for Windows 10 also works for Windows 7 and 8. Uses for these Windows versions simply the appropriate Windows 7 or Windows 8 ISO file. Here you can download them:
- Windows 7 ISO download
- Windows 8 ISO download
Danger: If installation from a USB stick does not work, put the USB flash drive to a USB 3.0 port on USB 2.0.
If you do not yet valid product key have for Windows 10, you'll find it here at the best:
|Windows 10 Home||Best on BestCheck.de|
|Windows 10 Pro||Best on BestCheck.de|
install Windows 10 on a USB stick: Windows to go
To install Windows 10 ON a USB flash drive as Windows to go, you need:
- A USB flash drive with at least 16GB of storage, optimally with USB 3.0.
- An ISO file of Windows 10, either 32-bit or 64-bit.
- The free WinToUSB tool.
Furthermore, an advantage if you use a USB 3.0 flash drive, since Windows 10 otherwise responds slowly later in circumstances. For Windows 10 as a 32-bit version you need 16 GB of storage space on the stick. If you want to install the 64-bit version of you, is as high as 32 GB:
- Starts WinToUSB tool.
WinToUSB: Selects above the ISO file with Windows 10 and including the version.
- Picks up in the line that the text ISO file ISO file of Windows 10 made. After that, the tool displays including in the list, the existing Windows 10 versions: as Home or Pro.
- Selects a version and confirmed with the button Next (N).
- Now select your USB drive. Under certain circumstances, you remember WinToUSB that the USB stick is too slow, if you use a USB 2.0.
Danger: The USB flash drive is formatted in the process. All data on it will therefore be lost.
- In the next window you select the system partition and the boot partition by you click on them. Confirmed with Next (N). The tool copies WinToUSB Windows 10 on the USB stick. The process can take depending on the USB flash drive to several hours.
boot Windows 10 USB Stick
- Inserted the USB stick with Windows 10 on the computer, if not already done.
- Launches the PC.
- In order for Windows 10 to boot from the USB stick, you have to change the boot order in the BIOS might.
Note: The first time you boot the Windows startup may take 10 longer because only the hardware is detected.
Posted In: software