You want AnyConnect Cisco to use as preferred VPN client? We explain we can you install the Windows 7 and Windows 8, configure and set up.
After you've downloaded the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client and the installation routine you for responding, you can start directly with the setup. We guide you to on the way to the finished VPN client.
Boerse.bz handle lock: On the subject
install and configure AnyConnect
In Windows 7, the tool is now under Start > All programs > Cisco > Cisco Secure Mobility Client Anyconnect > Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. In Windows 8 AnyConnect creates a new same tile on the ModernUI.
Configuring AnyConnect on Windows 7
Since the installation of AnyConnect creates a startup entry in the Windows Registry, the VPN client automatically starts the system is rebooted or any new user registration. To disable it, you go as follows:
- Opens the search box in the Start menu, the "msconfig"
- Now make your way in the system configuration to the tab Startup
- Remove the check in front of the entry "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client"
Configuring AnyConnect on Windows 8
In Windows 8 you have a little different procedure to configure AnyConnect. Verfahrt as follows:
- Opens the Task Manager by simultaneously pressing (Ctrl) + (Alt) + (Del)
- Gets "More Details" to expand the view of the Task Manager
- Marked in the tab "Startup" select "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client"
- Disables the entry with the appropriate button
AnyConnect build a VPN connection
Before you to use AnyConnect, you dial into a data network, you must, of course, only a connection between your PC and the Internet, rather produce exactly that network.
Connect to the Network
To get a VPN access, requested the SSID of the access points in question, which you want to join and connects you with it. It is also possible to gain access via a public network connection box. Finally, you can dial you also via DSL or modem.
To establish your connection with AnyConnect, please follow first:
- Starts the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Give the address of the VPN gateway
- Confirms your username and password
Access to the local network
So you can access your local network when using AnyConnect still, you can do this with these settings:
- Click on the AnyConnect client icon in the system tray
- Selects the gear for "Advanced Window for all components"
- Changes to the tab "Preferences"
- Here marked "Allow local (LAN) access When Using VPN (if configured)&# 8221;
Other exciting topics:
- Setting up VPN on Windows 7
- VPN router to set up: Personal network via D-Link router
- What is VPN - and how you can move you safe on the net?
Posted In: software