The Windows 10 Start menu no longer goes &# 8211; an annoying problem that occurs sometimes and prevents you can work 10 with Windows. We show you what do you do in this case and how you 10 again brings to running the Start menu in Windows.
Windows 10: Five Tips for Microsoft's new operating system
1790312Five tips for Windows 10
Windows 10: Right to use from the start*
Tip: What you can not do if the Start menu gets: Windows 10: repair the Start menu - Here&# 8217; s.Start Photogallery(5 pictures)install the .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10
Windows 10 is already some time on the market, but there are still many bugs that cause problems, such as that Windows hangs 10th One problem candidate is also the start menu: Many users report that the Start Menu suddenly no longer visible and nothing happens when you click on the Windows button. To resolve the problem, there are several solutions that we show you in this article. Also read also how you can set up the Windows 10 Start menu.
The simplest solution, which should test first is to shut down the operating system and then start again. In some cases, the problem occurs only temporary and disappeared after a reboot. To restart Windows without start menu, you make the following:
- Presses the Alt + F4.
- Start clicking in the following menu, select New.
- So that Windows 10 is completely shut down and restarted.
Once you're back on the desktop, you try whether the Start menu works again &# 8211; is not the case, you can still delete incorrect log files and restart Windows 10 Explorer (see next sections). More shutdown on Windows 10 will find it in this article: Shut down Windows 10: Find it faster.
delete incorrect log file
Possibly a corrupted or damaged EDB log file for problems with the Start menu is responsible. To get the Start menu back up and running, you need to delete this file. so goes&# 8217; s:
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the C: \ Users \ your name \ AppData \ Local \ TileDataLayer \ Database \ &# 8211; instead of your name it uses your Windows user name.
- Searches in the folder Database for the file Edb00001.log and deletes them. Instead of one can stand any other number in the file name &# 8211; deletes the file yet.
- If you can not delete the Edb00001.log file, you must first tiledatamodelsvc stop the service.
- Give the key combination Win + X is a call to the extended context menu and select Computer Management there.
- Then you switch to the tab services and applications and selects there services.
- Here you finish tiledatamodelsvc the service.
After you've deleted the log file, you start the computer and then tried to access the Start menu again. it still does not work, we show you in the next section, a third way to make the Start menu visible again.
Start Windows Explorer 10 new
In some cases, it helps with problems with the
Also, restart Windows Explorer. so goes&# 8217; s:
- Give a Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Click in the new window at the bottom left More Details.
- Selects the Processes tab and scroll down to the section Windows processes down.
- There you will search for the item Windows Explorer. Click once with the right mouse button and select the New option to start from.
After that you drive down your computer again and restarts. In general, the Start menu is working again now. Some users also report that it helps in the tablet mode and switch back. How to do this, we will tell you in this article: Windows 10: Enable Tablet mode and operate. We also show you what you can do if Cortana stopped working.
Picture sources: Microsoft. screenshotsDid you "Windows 10 Start menu gets: solutions and support" fallen from Selim Baykara?Write us in the comments or share the article.We look forward to your opinion - and of course you must like us on Facebook,twitter or Google+.
Posted In: software